Requesting a Chemical Waste Removal
1. Download the “Unwanted Chemical Removal Form”.
2. Enter your Principal Investigator (PI) name, requester name, your office location, phone number, and date.
3. Enter the location of your materials including the building, lab room number, lab phone number, requester’s email address, and where the materials are located at (i.e. Fume hood, Storage Cabinet, Fridge).
4. Enter the proper chemical name (formulas, trade names, abbreviations are not accepted and will result in the rejection of your request), quantity of material, and unit of measure.
5. If more than one chemical is added into a waste container, please provide percentages on the label (Unwanted Chemical Label Template) for every chemical constituent (failure to provide percentages will result in the rejection of your request).
6. Select the proper physical state of the material (Liquid, Gas, or Solid).
7. If the Chemical Manufacturer (i.e. Sigma-Aldrich, Fisher Scientific) is known, please enter it. If it is not known, leave the field blank.
8. If the Chemical Abstract System (CAS) number is known, please enter it. If it is not known, leave the field blank.
9. Please leave the Storage Code and EPA WASTE CODE(S) fields blank.
10. Once the form has been completed, email the form to email@example.com.
- After you submit the email to chemwaste, you will be sent a message asking if you intended to send the email.
- You have to click on the hyperlink provided for the EHSO to get your request.
11. You will be notified via e-mail if your request has been accepted or rejected. If your request is rejected, you will be told what corrections or additional information is needed.
12. You will receive a five digit requisition number when your request is accepted. Please refer to this requisition number when inquiring about the status of your request.